CAD Operator/Technician - Gaithersburg, MD
The applicant will be working with engineering to develop drawings supporting Electrical design. These documents include schedules and tables, schematic diagrams, single line diagrams, scaled room/building plans, site plans and 3D BIM models. Applicant shall be able to work and produce documents in AutoCAD, REVIT, and MicroStation software, as required by contract. Candidate must possess good verbal and written communication skills, adaptability, flexibility. An overall understanding of how to develop a drawing or model with minimal direction to support design from concept to detail design, as well as as-built field support.
- Using and creating base files (xrefs) in AutoCAD and MicroStation (a plus). Creating both scaled 2D room plans for equipment arrangements and scaled site plan plans for duct bank routing and external equipment placement.
- Working with REVIT. This includes loading/updating links, creating plan and section views, placing equipment as directed in the model, routing conduit, exporting views into AutoCAD format, family file creation, sheet creation and annotation. Must be familiar with phasing.
- Understand and utilize project guidelines for electronic files. Set up project using the given CAD standards to all electronic files (including file naming, layers or levels, symbols, scales, text etc.).
- Starting Pay: $61,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year commensurate with experience.
- 401(k) and matching, after 1 year of employment
- Dental insurance - partially paid by company
- Long Term Disability insurance - company negotiated rates
- Health insurance - partially paid by company
- Health savings account - $250.00 contributed by Shah quarterly
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance - partially paid by company
- Schedule: 8 hour shift - Monday to Friday
- Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
- 1. Requires 1-2 or more years of related experience with engineering design and drafting using automated systems.
- 2. High school diploma or GED, Associate Degree in a related discipline preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- 3. Must be US Citizen or have Permanent Residency for work.
- Job Type: Full-time