Construction Project Manager - Electrical
For a large job in Baltimore, MD, the Electrical Project Manager is responsible for coordinating all facets of an electrical project with responsibility for the complete field execution of the construction and performance of the electrical contract work. This person will collaborate and interact with design engineer, contractor, vendors, all other team members and sub-contractors in all aspects of the project.
- Responsible for the complete field execution of the construction and performance of the electrical contract work.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates schedules/activities of assigned projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
- Prepares project submittals and operation and maintenance manuals for submission to the customer.
- Maintain and use company tracking logs for RFIs, PCOs, COs, Major Buy-Outs (POs).
- Interpret related project Plans and Specifications, General Conditions and Contracts.
- Manage Change Order Requests and Change Orders review with client.
- Produce detailed bills of materials for submittals and project buy-outs in close coordination with the PM.
- Prepare project closeout documentation.
- Provide support for field supervisors.
- Reviews project proposals/plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Prepares project reports for management, client or others.
- Promptly and accurately responds to customer inquiries keeping them informed of expected completion dates and/or modifications/changes.
- Travels to job sites as needed to attend construction meetings, oversee deliveries and review job site issues.
- Perform Witness Testing as needed.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
- The person should be a self-starter and be able to hit the ground running
- 5+ years of relevant electrical project experience (office and/or field experience, or a combination of both)
- Experienced in low and medium voltage and electrical facilities
- Must be able to read construction drawings (all disciplines)
- Can understand and interpret Specifications
- Have a working knowledge of electrical codes and regulations
- Have excellent communication and time management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical preferred
- Requires individual with good judgment, discipline, dependability, and responsibility