ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION DESIGN JOB DESCRIPTION - FOREST HILL, MD
The purpose of this position is to develop an inexperienced candidate to accurately evaluation options and design safe, cost effective, and reliable distribution facilities for residential, commercial, and industrial projects. This position is a staff augmentation role working out of the client’s site. Incumbents are expected to be able to be trained to develop skills in the client’s specific areas of expertise.
- Your work will be based in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing medium voltage electrical systems, electric power distribution design and standby power generation.
- You will work with engineering and production departments to develop drawings of electrical distribution systems using Autocad and similar software programs.
- Ability to work in design teams, is self-motivated to perform assigned tasks, had a good attitude, and take the initiative to learn the trade.
- A two year technical certificate or degree is preferred but not required.
- Exposure to utility standards, the ability to use design software packages, and general construction knowledge and aptitude.
- Strong computer design skills, the ability to learn new software packages efficiently, and retain and apply on the job training.
- Strong command of the English language and possess good written and oral communications skills.
- Prior utility design experience or distribution line work is highly preferred.
- Exposure to utility Geographical Information Systems (GIS); GE Smallworld, ArcFM, etc.