Electrical Engineer - Gaithersburg, MD
The candidate will be providing electrical design for low voltage equipment such as switchboards, switchgear, and medium voltage (4.16kV, 13.2kV, 33kV) design for metal-clad switchgears, metal-enclosed switchgear, VFDs, MCCs. etc. The candidate also needs to prepare one-line diagrams, design of feeder breaker controls, preparation of cable and conduit schedules, panelboard schedules, design of underground electrical distribution system, pad-mount transformers for radial and loop systems, pad-mount switches/switchgear, double-ended substation, protection scheme for double-ended substation, electric power distribution design and standby power generation. Construction management experience including shop drawing review, inspections, as-built reviews and manual reviews is also required.
- Your work will be based in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing medium voltage electrical systems, electric power distribution design and standby power generation.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues.
- You will prepare and review detailed calculations, including three phase power studies, short circuit, voltage drop, motor starting and protective relay settings as well as prepare documentation for design input for drawing production.
- You will Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Additionally, you may have Construction Management duties including shop drawing review, Inspections, as-built reviews and Manual reviews.
- PE license (or plans to get a PE)
- A BSEE from an ABET accredited university
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage client contact and coordination of electrical projects