Electrical Engineer - Pittsburgh Area
This position is for an entry level engineer looking to build a skill set in Electrical Power Systems Studies and chart a course for career growth.
The candidate will work in the Studies group where they will have a unique opportunity to build technical and some business skill simultaneously in a fast-growing division in Pittsburgh, PA. This role will require you to work under our Studies Group leader to accomplish engineering work and also help to develop processes, systems, etc. to allow for the continued growth of the business.
- Perform short-circuit studies on the electrical distribution system in order to determine the available fault current at pertinent locations in low voltage and medium voltage distribution systems.
- Evaluate the short circuit ratings of protective devices and other distribution equipment.
- Review the existing system overcurrent protection and coordination and recommending improvement to optimize coordination and protection of distribution equipment.
- Develop time-current coordination plots to derive coordinated settings for new and existing protective devices.
- Perform an arc flash hazard analysis per NFPA 70E on the electrical distribution system.
- Interpret specifications, customer drawings, and technical proposals to provide pricing for customers.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (Power Systems) with a minimum 3.7 GPA in the case of a new graduate.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter/Independent learner.
- Effective communication – engaging with the customer.
- Proven ability to rapidly address customer questions.