Senior Electrical Engineer/Project Lead - Facilities
This is a position for one who enjoys hands on work combined with leading.
The candidate will be providing medium voltage electrical engineering design services for facilities, industrial plants, and water and wastewater facilities, and airports. Individual will work individually with President, Chief Engineer providing guidance, supervision. This role will also require candidate to take the lead on projects and act as PM, lead other design engineers, and handle client relations.
- Your work will be based in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing medium voltage electrical systems, electric power distribution design and standby power generation.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues.You will be the project lead in efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- You will prepare and review detailed calculations, including three phase power studies, short circuit, voltage drop, motor starting and protective relay settings as well as prepare documentation for design input for drawing production.
- You will Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Additionally you will have Construction Management duties including shop drawing review, Inspections, as-built reviews and Manual reviews.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university at a minimum.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (if Canadian-based PE license, must be willing to attain US certification once in US).
- 8-12 years experience tied to the responsibilities. Hands on design work required.
- Individual with good judgement, discipline, dependability, and responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills to communicate effectively with clients, field engineers, peers, and management.